Charge Solar Careers
At Charge Solar, we are passionate about delivering product excellence and we are driven by our mission of helping Canadians realize the power and potential of solar energy. You’ll be working with a tight-knit team of driven, curious, and laser-focused professionals who are pushing the envelope of scalable, sustainable and renewable solar energy solutions.
Why Work With Us?
Along with an inspiring mission and hard-working team of colleagues, we offer competitive base compensation, eligibility for bonuses, extended health and wellness benefits, paid vacation time, and endless opportunities for personal and professional development.
Reports to: Director of Technical Services
- Accelerate our dealers’ sales growth rate, focusing on commercial-scale solar and storage projects (typically 50kW – 1MW+)
- Developing, maintaining and continuously improving a suite of sales tools to help provide to new and existing Charge Solar commercial dealers including: financial calculators, financial offerings (leases & loans), proposal templates, & standard RFP response database
- Supporting dealers with preliminary design items including system layouts, panel stringing, ballast plans, battery sizing, equipment selection, and budgetary costing estimates
- Searching for and tracking public RFP’s, tenders and other opportunities
- Maintain a company-wide project pipeline to estimate opportunities and report results
- Strong multi-tasking skillset required in this sales-focused role
- Excellent time management skills and responsiveness are critical
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) for internal and external collaboration
- Technical background (B.Eng. or technical diploma preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint and balance of Microsoft Office suite
- Basic understanding of financial analysis
- Confident in customer-facing meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Occasional travel required
- Experience in solar, renewables, or energy an asset
- 3+ years of experience in relevant engineering sales support
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in a Sales Engineering role
- Experience with reviewing and responding to RFQ’s/RFP’s
- Experience with AutoCAD or equivalent software